WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT AND BETTER
Starratt Wealth Management manages more than $225 million for high net worth and ultra-high net worth families across Canada. We pay close attention to the personal needs of each and every client.
Our team is distinguished by our expertise in investment management and planning, advising businesses and charitable organizations, and helping families navigate transitions during marital changes, business succession, retirement, estate planning and strategic philanthropic decisions.
Another important differentiator for our team is our expertise in alternative investments, which brings our clients enhanced risk management. As the investment environment has changed, volatility management has become top-of-mind with smart investors who do not want their portfolios to fall into a deep hole in times of crisis. Using best-in-class, authentic hedge funds (not the highly leveraged funds that have garnered a poor reputation), alternative pools (loans, mortgages or receivables), hard assets (precious metals, timber, other commodities, and real estate) and a discerning approach to unique private equity opportunities, we aim to bring our investors lower risk with higher returns.
Our clients are our partners. We work together to help you reach your financial goals today and in the future by providing:
Investment advice to help you:
- Understand your existing situation and holdings
- Identify your current needs and goals
- Understand your comfort level around risk
- Invest within your risk tolerance and reward expectations
- Have all investment transactions performed quickly and accurately
- Access uniquely advantaged alternative investments you won’t find at most advisory teams
- Stay on strategy with a well-monitored and rebalanced portfolio built according to your Investment Policy Statement.
- Expect face-to-face meetings at least twice a year.
- We will touch base by telephone or email each quarter.
- Any phone calls made to our office during business hours (currently 7:30am to 4:00pm) will be answered or returned promptly.
- Any phone calls or emails after business hours will be returned the next business day.
- Any errors or omissions will be resolved within three business days. If that is not possible, we will provide you with a status report at that time.
Safekeeping and money transfers:
- We will issue cheques and/or deposit money directly in your bank account as you need it.
- We will hold all of your investments in safekeeping at no additional charge.
- We commit to providing you with 30 hours per year of continuing education to ensure your knowledge base is at the highest level and that you understand the strategies we use to help you achieve your goals.
- We provide timely email updates when events in the markets and/or your accounts require them.
- We will always forward articles that we feel would be of interest to you.
Evidence of accurate, timely reporting:
- Enhanced portfolio evaluations
- Annual expected income report
- A gain/loss report for tax planning
- Year-end tax reporting
- Account statements every month there is activity, and quarterly at a minimum
- Written confirmations for all trades
- Online access to your accounts
- Help in calculating cost bases for investments
A professional yet personalized relationship:
- We provide your other advisors (accountants, lawyers, etc.) with proactive updates and encourage them to contact us anytime to meet your financial needs.
- Tax documentation is archived for easy retrieval and can be shared with your accounting professionals.
Click here to read about our process